I haven‘t blogged in quite some weeks, still have been busy with sewing more and more costumes. Somehow it almost seems jinxed, ever since we decided to go to Costume College all sorts of things go wrong and my sewing time plan is… down the sewer.

Still, back to my plans. For the international tatting exhibition at Horstmar I had intended to attend not only with my Victorian reproduction lace made up from 1850ies to 1870ies patterns, but in Victorian dress myself.

I had started to sew up my sheer dress from thin linen after the damp heat of the living history days but as I already mentioned, weather wasn‘t playing along. At least I have an in-process picture

Fabrizio helping to pleat the skirt,

The finished ensemble consists of a pleated skirt with enough width to fit over a serious crinoline and a pagoda sleeve bodice. To break up the bright checks, I decided to go for a plastron at the bodice front. A big thank you goes to the ladies at Nehelenia Patterns who managed to ship the straw bonnet to me just in time to wear it.

Fanchon, undersleeves and collar are accented with hand-tatted lace.